Our Aims, Visions and Ethos
For a school where everyone becomes the very best they can be.
Be your best self – every day!
To provide a broad and balanced education covering key skills, learning
independence, PSHE and a range of extra curricular activities. We aim to
develop well rounded children who have a love of learning that they can
then take forward to enhance their learning at high school and use during
Made to Measure Learning at Mill Dam School
- We at Mill Dam are fully inclusive. We work together to ensure everyone has a chance to achieve to the best of their ability and potential.
- We robustly challenge any prejudice.
- Everyone is taught how to keep safe, including online.
- We add value through an enquiry led, engaging, applied curriculum which develops: key numeracy, literacy and science skills, generic social skills and technical expertise for a modern world.
- We offer meaningful contexts for learning and appropriate resources which engage and encourage an enjoyment of learning.
- Our personalised approach for every child is routed in rigorous assessment, which includes good home school liaison and flexible planning within whole school systems.
- We offer experiences which provide insight into how it would feel to work within a wide range of careers in the future; to enable pupils to make sensible career choices, which enhance their wellbeing.
- Through SMSC* we teach how to make a contribution and good life choices for the culture and society they choose to live in.
- We support transitions across key stages in their lives.
- We use research and other agencies to ensure our teaching pedagogy is relevant and effective.
- We expect everyone to be accountable in our single focus to improve the life chances and enjoyment of learning, for every child, regardless of their starting points.
*Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
Our four core values are:
Our School Rules
- Be Ready
- Be Respectful
- Be Safe
- Be Kind
Our School Motto
A place to learn, a place to grow.